Merrion Fertility Clinic was established in 1998 by staff of the National Maternity Hospital, Dublin 2 under the leadership of Dr Mary Wingfield to provide Ovulation Induction and Intrauterine Insemination services. In late 2000 we expanded the services of Merrion Fertility Clinic to include the full range of assisted reproduction services including IVF and ICSI. We have now successfully completed over 2,000 cycles of IVF/ICSI maintaining high standards of care and outcome success.
Our goal at Merrion Fertility Clinic is to help couples work through the various stages of fertility investigation and treatment in order to achieve a healthy pregnancy. We offer a wide range of services including:-
- Full investigation of the cause of fertility problems
- Surgery for endometriosis, fibroids, cysts, tubal disease
- Ovulation induction and monitoring of ovulation
- Assisted reproduction including IUI, IVF, ICSI, frozen embryo transfer, testicular biopsy
- Satellite Service for patients requiring overseas treatment
- Psychosexual therapy
- Complementary Therapies
Merrion Fertility Clinic is linked to the National Maternity Hospital. Our proximity to and close association with the hospital ensures we benefit from a range of expert services at the hospital; including Consultant Anaesthetists who provide sedation, full laboratory services, operating theatres and the ability to admit patients should any complications arise. Our doctors also work as Consultant Obstetrician Gynaecologists at the National Maternity Hospital, enabling them to access early pregnancy services in the hospital when required. Once pregnant, our patients can continue their pregnancy care at the hospital, if they so choose.
In 2008 we achieved authorisation as a Tissue Establishment and were granted full regulation by the Irish Medicines Board. This underpins a comprehensive quality control system implemented to ensure the integrity of all the services we offer.
In Jan 2012, we became the first fertility clinic in Ireland to be licensed for Vitrification. Vitrification is a rapid freezing technique which results in a better survival of frozen embryos and eggs. We were delighted to announce our first pregnancy from a vitrified embryo in May 2012.
Merrion Fertility Clinic comprises a multi-disciplinary team of professionals committed to providing the best possible fertility service. We pride ourselves in our individualised approach to patient care, in the context of the highest levels of medical safety and professionalism. We have ongoing clinical research projects in association with UCD and TCD Departments of Obstetrics & Gynaecology.
- To provide best practice reproductive care for Irish couples experiencing sub-fertility.
- To provide on-going education to staff, health professionals, patients and the Irish population in general.
- To further enhance an holistic approach to reproductive care.
- To continuously foster and promote research into fertility and infertility.