Suggested list for hospital
Useful items to bring with you for your stay in hospital.
It is a good idea to, some time before the estimated due date, pack a bag with things which could be useful.
- Comfie nightie for labour
- Night wear
- Light dressing gown
- Comfortable slippers
- Flip flops (for shower)
- Toiletries, face cloth, shower cap
- Supportive breast feeding bra
- Breast pads
- Maternity pads-2 packs (not plastic backed) have more at home which can be brought in.
- Comfortable, high waisted, large fitting knickers (disposable knickers can be very tight and tear easily)- approx 10 pairs
- Snacks for you and partner
- Change for parking or register through phone on parkingtag.ie
- 2 towels-preferably not new and dark coloured.
- Phone charger
- Gym ball (leave in car until needed)
- Massage oils e.g. lavender/electric essential oil diffuser (if desired)clarify with martina
- Preferred music/ipod/docking station
- Small bag with towel, toiletries, mirror, spare underwear
- 2 packets disposable nappies
- Cotton wool/baby wipes (suitable for new born)
- 5 vests
- 5 baby gros
- 2 towel
For baby going home-only bring in on day of discharge
- Approved car seat
- Warm outfit (depending on weather)
|There is little storage available within the hospital for personal items. To facilitate good housekeeping and for health and safety reasons please keep personal items to a minimum, neat and tidy and off the floor.