The following are list of suggested items to bring with you for your stay in hospital. It is a good idea to have a bag ready with these things some time before your due date, in case you have to leave the house in a hurry.
. There is limited storage available within the hospital, so if possible, try to keep personal items to a minimum. Leave bigger bag in the car until after baby has delivered.
Labour ward bag
- Comfie nightie for labour
- Light dressing gown
- Flip flops (for shower)
- Comfortable slippers
- Toiletries, face cloth, shower cap
- Gym ball (leave in car until needed)
- Massage oils e.g. lavender/electric essential oil diffuser (if desired)
- Preferred music/ipod/docking station
- Spare underwear (2 or 3 pairs)
- Snacks for you and partner
- Spare batteries (if using Tens machine)
- Change for parking or register through phone on parkingtag.ie
- Ziplock bag with 2 nappies, babygro and vest inside.
Your bag for the postnatal ward
- Night wear
- Supportive breast feeding bra
- Breast pads
- Maternity pads-at least 2 packs (not plastic backed). Have more at home which can be brought in.
- Comfortable, high waisted, large fitting knickers (disposable knickers can be very tight and tear easily)- approx 10 pairs
- 2 towels-preferably not new and dark coloured.
- Phone charger
- A packet of disposable nappies
- Cotton wool/baby wipes (suitable for new born)
- 5 vests
- 5 baby gros
- 2 towels
The following should be brought in on your day of discharge for baby going home:
- Approved car seat
- Warm outfit (depending on weather)